Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ahimsa is Good for Your Marriage

After being out all day, I couldn't wait to get back to my workshop. I have some Etsy orders to fill and am eager to get to work. After looking at my freshly cut pendant I felt it appeared a tad plain and needed something more, a little embellishment. So with tools in hand I started pounding away. I like the way it turned out...more paisley like, don't you think? I also decided to stamp AHIMSA on it. It's a reminder to live life by doing no harm, whether it's with your thoughts, words or actions. It is reminiscent of the Buddhist teachings that urge us to try to think pure and beautiful thoughts, to say pure and beautiful words, and to do pure and beautiful deeds.

When I showed it to my husband he seemed a bit confused and asked why it said "Amnesia"? Funny how I was presented with a perfect opportunity to practice ahimsa. I had to remind myself, only pure and beautiful thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment